News And Notes
Mar 3

James Otto & Warner Bros. Nashville Part Ways

James Otto photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Nashville.

James Otto and Warner Bros. Nashville have mutually parted ways. James announced the split through his Twitter account on Monday. “Hey y’all Warner Brothers Records & I have mutually agreed it’s time to part ways. More news to come shortly,” James tweeted. He followed it with a statement regarding his departure.

“I have truly enjoyed the time I have spent working with Warner Brothers Records,” James said. “The staff is comprised of many talented individuals that I am proud to also call my friends. I know there will be many exciting years ahead for WB, especially with John Esposito at the helm.”

James, who had a No. 1 hit with “Just Got Started Loving You” in 2008, is positive about his future. He’s planning an upcoming USO Tour and anticipates spending time with his six month old daughter, Ava.

“I am looking forward to my upcoming USO Tour in Iraq and Kuwait, while pursuing some new opportunities with my songwriting career,” James said. “I will continue booking and playing shows throughout the year, and since becoming a new Dad, I hope to catch my breath by spending time with my wife Amy and 6 month old daughter, Ava, who is about to crawl any second! I don’t want to miss it!”

James also had a Twitter message to his fans who expressed concern about what the announcement means. “No worries Ottomaniacs this is not the last you’ve seen/heard from me. Just a new chapter. Thanks for all the support & well wishes,” he tweeted.

James’ last album, Shake What God Gave Ya, was released in September. Fans can also hear James singing “Don’t You Think This Outlaw Bit’s Done Got Out Of Hand” on the Waylon Jennings tribute album, The Music Inside – A Collaboration Dedicated to Waylon Jennings.

ShareThis

Tags: , ,

Posted at 4:21 pm, March 3, 2011 | Permalink

COMMENT POLICY

GACTV.com wants to give you, the fans, a voice on our website and to provide the opportunity for you to share your thoughts about this story. We encourage lively interaction and debate on the stories we post, but we ask that you refrain from using profanity or other offensive speech, engaging in personal attacks or name-calling, posting advertising, or wandering away from the topic at hand. Thanks for taking the time to contribute and being respectful to others.

Comments Closed

30 Comments

1. Due to the extreme negative commenting that is going on in this post and the multiple violations of our commenting policy, we have disabled commenting on this post. We will be going through and deleting all comments that do not adhere to our stated policy. We would very much like to keep our posts open for fan commenting and discussion but we will not be able to do this if the off-topic, personal attacks continue. Please read our policy and if you feel you cannot adhere to it, do not leave a comment.

GAC_Editor on March 7, 2011 at 1:37 am
  2. Holly – YOU are the one with problems honeypie – everyone else here is pointing it out to you but you have your nose so far up JoFridays butt that you can't see straight. Get help – better yet – GET LOST!

HatesJamesOtto on March 6, 2011 at 7:55 pm
    • HJO – YOU are the one with problems honeypie – everyone else here is pointing it out to you but you have your nose so far up Trufan's butt that you can't see straight. Get help – better yet – GET LOST!

God bless you and her always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm
  3. What is going on here sweetie is that I am standing up for myself against people like you who are so far over the edge that you may never be heard from ever again.

To everyone else here if you didn't see my earlier message about it, if you choose to stalk and harass me, don't expect me to let you get away with it because I stand up for myself no matter how many people are against me.

God bless you always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm
    • I tried JOS. It's crystal clear that you have severe anger issues and I was trying to help. You really need to give it up. You seem to enjoy being a target and that is not healthy. I work in a hospital with mentally unstable people and you fit the profile. I'd hate to see you lose your sanity and freedom over people that simply disagree with you. It's ok to disagree, but you are inviting them to attack you with your attitude. Someone earlier said you looked passive aggressive, and I disagree with that. You are the aggressor here and if you just stop asking for the attacks, they will stop. You remind me of a child with a cookie jar. Tell a child they can't have a cookie and they will do everything in their power to get into the cookie jar. Please don't do this to yourself.

Please take this FREE medical advice. I love country music and noticed a lot of activity here and decided to see what was going on and was saddened to see you engaging in this childish attack. Be the bigger person and back away. Believe me, you will feel better.

Countrymusiclover on March 6, 2011 at 2:16 pm
      • Excuse me but there was NOTHING wrong with what I did when I first came here. I had every right that there is in this country to say what I said about the write up that is here about my favorite singer and then those who have nothing better to do with their time showed up thinking that they can push me around about it.

Yeah I could've sat back and said nothing, but in my opinion, me and those who I choose to care about enough deserve the defense and are more than worth it and some people don't like that, well then they never should have started taking shots at me and the people that I care about in the first place!

God bless you and them always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 6, 2011 at 4:19 pm
        • Enjoy the padded room Holly

Kellie on March 6, 2011 at 4:26 pm
  4. I'm a HUGE fan of James Otto's music. I feel he releases AWESOME Country-Rock Songs! Why no-one likes his music is a mystery to me??

kalmanizer on March 6, 2011 at 6:06 am
    • A message for the person who left this one: If you really are a fan of James, you rock! Definitely don't ever let those who love to stalk and harass other people over who their favorites are make you stop being who you are. You be proud to be a fan of who your favorite is, OK? (smiles)

God bless you and James always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 6, 2011 at 11:48 am
  5. I'm a HUGE fan of James Otto. I feel he releases AWESOME Country-Rock Songs! Why no-one likes his music is a mystery to me??

kalmanizer on March 6, 2011 at 6:05 am
  6. Your need to stalk and harass a person over their favorite singer is what makes you the twitty stalker creep who needs to get over their self.

God bless you and James always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee

P.S. And yes I know that James is married. That doesn't mean that I can't say that I love him. FYI, I saw him not too long and just before I left, James said "I love you." to me and the words came from HIS mouth first. (big smile)

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    • Ya – he loves you – loves you like a father – the father away from him the better! TWIT!

HatesJamesOtto on March 5, 2011 at 6:49 pm
      • For the record, James was only eight years old when I was born. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm
  7. Hates, LOL, a "stalker creep" I'd say that describes her. I guess she has no life, or has never heard any REAL music. I'll be she's a Taylor Swift fan too.lol

Kellie on March 5, 2011 at 4:37 pm
    • Most likely – I bet she has no life either! "I pray so hard because no one is better than James" – are you freakin' serious – you definitely must have been dropped as a child Holly you twit!

HatesJames Otto on March 5, 2011 at 4:41 pm
      • LOL, yes, and yet JAMES is the one that the label dropped. Holly dropped on her head, and James dropped by his label. I guess they were made for each other…two LOSERS

Kellie on March 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm
        • And yet here you and HJO and TaylorSwift fan and the person here who goes by the name AlisonLeannfan are stalking and harassing me. I guess that you four were made for each other too.

God bless you four and James always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:35 pm
      • To answer your question, yes, I am as serious as 9/11. I pray for those who I care about 2-3 times each and every single day and if you have a problem with anyone doing that then its you who was dropped as a child because here in America, we have the right to pray for whoever we want to whenever we want to where ever we want to and for how ever many times that we want to and if you don't like it, then I guess that you are who has no life.

God bless you and James always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm
    • Hey, he can't hold a candle to Taylor Swift. She might sing flat and off key, but she didn't get dropped by her label like SNOTTO did.

TaylorSwift fan on March 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm
      • To me NO ONE can hold a candle to James and that includes YOUR sorry SAP of a hide.

God bless you and him always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm
    • FYI, my other favorite singer besides James is Alison Krauss who has more Grammy awards than any female in the music business, LeAnn Rimes, Tanya Tucker, Trace Adkins, Darryl Worley, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, and Hal Ketchum. Brooks & Dunn, SheDaisy, and Diamond Rio are my favorite duo, trio, and group. (smiles)

God bless you and ALL of my favorites always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:18 pm
      • Must you always (smiles) – you are a moron – go play in traffic! {{smiles}}

HatesJamesOtt on March 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm
        • Must you always harass me? You are stalker. (rolling my eyes)

God bless you and James always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm
      • How many grammyes does snotto have? NONE. Who cares abotu whasshername that looks like a door hit her in the face and sings like she has laryngitis.

Kellie on March 5, 2011 at 7:14 pm
        • No James does not have any Grammy awards, but James has been award by the CMA and the ACM already. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly in East Tennessee

P.S. Who is whasshername that looks like a door hit her in the face and sings like she has laryngitis.

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm
  8. Get over yourself. I didn't steal your name. This one has been mine forever. James is a one hit wonder. Understand?

AlisonLeannfan on March 5, 2011 at 8:19 am
    • Get over yourself. I have the right to say whatever is on my mind about my favorite singer or anyone else for that matter no matter how people like you feel about it! Understand?

God bless you and James always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm
  9. jAMES will be picked up else where. He is a decent person and is always dressed nice and does look CLEAN and he is a good singer. Warner has their top gun at the present. My wish is they would sign Sunny Sweeney. She seems to have it all and I've noticed many Miranda Lambert Fans are cheering her on. She is climbing the charts with her "The Table Away". She is country and that is what country music needs before it goes all pop!

pat on March 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm
  10. I'm thinking he'll go to Redneck Records because he is a part of Muzik Mafia. I don't believe Gretchen will let him be left out.

LeeAnn on March 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm
  11. I pray so hard that another label picks him up soon because to me, James is the singer who is NOT on the radio enough! I love him SO much!!!

God bless you and him always!!!

JOSweetHeart on March 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm