Sammy Kershaw’s Lafayette, Louisiana home sustained heavy smoke damage after a fire broke out in the kitchen on Thursday. Sammy accidentally started the fire when he grabbed cans of homemade spices to deliver to a friend. The box containing the spices slid over the kitchen stove, catching the knobs that ignites the burners. According to Sammy, there were likely flammable items on the stove that caught fire.
Sammy was notified of the blaze through his alarm company and immediately returned home. He threw towels onto the stovetop to help smother the flames. Firefighters arrived at the scene soon after to extinguish the blaze.
“You’ve got to count your blessings… every one of them,” Sammy said. ”This could have been so much worse. The guardian angel that God assigned to me is always working overtime.” No one was injured in the blaze.
In other lighter Sammy news, he recently teamed up with pals Joe Diffie and Aaron Tippin for a hilarious new video, “All In The Same Boat.” In the clip, the trio head out on a fishing trip, much to the dismay of their wives. Watch the video HERE!