New West Records will release a new Dwight Yoakam compilation, 21st Century Hits: Best of 2000-12, on October 1. The album will chronicle Dwight’s biggest hits and favorite songs he recorded between 2000-2012. The compilation will be available digitally, on CD and as a deluxe CD/DVD combo featuring five music videos.
The 14-track project is comprised of songs from five albums including Tomorrow’s Sounds Today, Population Me, Blame The Vain, Dwight Sings Buck and 3 Pears as well as his smash hit “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” from the movie The Break-Up. The never before released “Long Goodbye,” a duet with Michelle Branch; as well as the Willie Nelson duet “If Teardrops Were Diamonds”; and “A Heart Like Mine” produced by Beck; are also included on the compilation.
Over Dwight’s three-decade career, he has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide, has earned 12 gold albums and nine platinum or multi-platinum albums. He is a 21-time GRAMMY nominee and two-time winner.
DWIGHT YOAKAM’S 21ST CENTURY HITS: BEST OF 2000-12 TRACK LIST
1. “The Sad Side Of Town” (Tomorrow’s Sounds Today)
2. “Late Great Golden State” (Population Me)
3. “The Back Of Your Hand” (Population Me)
4. “If Teardrops Were Diamonds” (with Willie Nelson) (Population Me)
5. “Long Goodbye (with Michelle Branch)” (Previously Unreleased)
6. “Intentional Heartache” (Blame The Vain)
7. “Blame The Vain” (Blame The Vain)
8. “I Wanna Love Again” (Blame The Vain)
9. “Just Passin’ Time” (Blame The Vain)
10. “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” (The Break-Up Soundtrack)
11. “Close Up The Honky Tonks” (Dwight Sings Buck)
12. “My Heart Skips A Beat” (Dwight Sings Buck)
13. “Act Naturally” (Dwight Sings Buck)
14. “A Heart Like Mine” (3 Pears)