If you watched the Great American Country exclusive last weekend, Garth Brooks: Blame It All On My Roots, you already know Garth is releasing new music. Now country’s biggest superstar has released details of exactly what you’ll hear from him. [Missed the special? See it again Saturday, November 16 at 5/4c and Sunday, November 17 at 8/7c!]
The Blame It All On My Roots boxed set contains songs Garth has been performing for the last four years during his one-man show at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas. Now he’s recorded his own special versions. Not only does the set feature classic country covers, but also, classic rock, blue-eyed soul and songs from Garth’s favorite singer-songwriters. You’ll hear covers of James Taylor, Gladys Knight, Jerry Lee Lewis (“Great Balls of Fire),” Marvin Gaye (“I Heard It Through The Grapevine”) and more.
The boxed set is available only at Walmart. “What a great luxury to have the world’s largest retailer as a partner to bring new music to the people!” said Garth. “Walmart has been responsible for the majority of our record sales since I started selling music. So it makes total sense that they are the exclusive place to get the new Garth music this Holiday season…Blame It All On My Roots!”
Included in the boxed set, Blame It All On My Roots:
· Eight discs total, six CDs and two DVDs, over seven hours of entertainment including 77 songs and a new photo booklet
· Four new studio albums that include 44 cover songs from Garth’s time at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas that span genres including classic country, classic rock, blue-eyed soul and melting pot
· A two hour DVD of Garth’s Wynn performance
· Two CDs containing 33 songs from The Ultimate Hits (plus the bonus track, “Leave A Light On”) and a DVD with music videos for the 33 song tracks.
· The boxed set retails for $24.96 and is available exclusively at Wal-Mart, SAM’S CLUB and Walmart.com
“Our customers love Garth Brooks and we’re glad to give them exclusive access to his newest album,” said Laura Phillips, Walmart’s senior vice president of Entertainment in the U.S. “As Walmart’s top-selling musical artist of all time, we know Garth’s new box set Blame It All On My Roots will be a gift millions of customers will give this Christmas.”